Pages

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Mommy Day

Recently, I had my first official full "mommy day." Kailynn spent the night with Grandma and Grandpa while I had the day to myself. I could have caught up on some laundry, house cleaning, yard work, got my nails done, written a novel, anything, but I did absolutely nothing! I felt lost. I didn't know what to do since most of my days revolve around Kailynn. It felt amazing to lay in bed and not worry about anything all day.

I get so caught up in taking care of everything in the house that I sometimes forget that I need to take a break every once in a while. I felt much more energized and ready to take on the world after taking a break from my day-to-day tasks. It's as if I had a reset button.

I was greatful that my family gave me the time I so desperately needed for myself, but I was also glad to have Kailynn back home.

I need to make sure I have "mommy day" more often. I am certain the family won't mind having Kailynn over for another sleep over. Until then, we are back to learning our ABCs and 123s while making a mess of toys throughout the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment